Mid .NET Developer
Business Unit: Ogilvy SA
Location: Cape Town
We are looking to hire an intelligent and energetic person to fulfill role of a software developer. The role entails being part of a diverse team that delivers and maintains software that supports digital marketing campaigns. You will be engaged in the full SDLC, participating in planning and estimating discussions, technical design workshops, building the software and debugging software defects.
- Minimum of three/five+ years’ experience in Web/Mobile development.
- Front-end skills and working with HTML5/CSS3/SCSS/Bootstrap 3+ framework.
- Database and server-side application skills with SQL/Windows services/IIS/NoSQL (MongoDB)/Hosting/VM’s/Cloud application management.
- Developing/maintaining Content Management Systems (advantageous Umbraco, Sitecore)
- Excellent understanding of source control best practice and branching strategies, using tools like GIT, Mercurial, Bitbucket.
- Knowledge of stored procedures and database design/normalisation.
- Gather customer software requirements and develop related software applications and programs (to spec).
- Good application performance optimisation strategies and techniques.
- Knowledge of object orientated concepts.
- System integration techniques.